Current Gaming Projects

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Whimsical Wednesdays 1 (NSFW)


This is the first (and hopefully not the last) of a semi-irregular series on my blog of humorous (at least to me) or amazing things that I happen to run across on the internet or in my reading.


First up are two YouTube clips
recently and gave me a major laugh.  They are ‘Not Safe For Work’ or if you are easily offended with foul language (F-bombs in several places), violence (cartoony), or minor sexual acts (there is no nudity though).  The two clips are part of series and you need to see the first one first. Also the graphics are very good in these videos, so kudos to the guys that did them



The clips are a great story about life as a Space Marine in the GW’s Space Hulk world.  While I am not a GW gamer, many years ago, about 20 to be specific, I did play Space Hulk and was involved in a campaign at a local game shop. Because of the events in this campaign, you could say that is why I think Sergeant Zael is my doppelganger.  More than once in the campaign, I outright refused to complete the missions because I was taking too many causalities and retreated to the safety of a large open area, set up over-watch and waited.  This was because how the replacement system worked in the campaign and I saw the writing on the wall that eventually by suffering too many causalities it would prevent me from ever succeeding in any future missions, so it was better to stop some missions and call it a failure and withdraw.  Eventually, my unit of 4 squads became known the “Four Feathers” in reference to the movie title about cowardice.  I always protested the title by showing logically for the reasons of my quitting some missions before losses got too bad.  But like the movie, I started returning some of the feathers to other gamers as I the only one in decent shape by the time the campaign ended and could complete missions.



Anyway, that was too much yapping there, now here are the videos.



Cheers,



Sapper

Space Hulk Part I

Space Hulk Part II

4 comments:

Mad Padre said...

I enjoyed those. Sent them onto my son. ::)

combatcolours said...

a semi-irregular series ?????
I thought that described your entire blog??? :P
Give me a flamer every time!

Pete. said...

Nice.

Just as an aside I got a similar reputation for timidity/ self preservation when playing Necromunda back in college. It did make some tactical sense given the giant killer bonus for taking on bigger gangs then running away... well I was Delaque. :)

Cheers,

Pete.

sapperjoe said...

Glad you guys enjoyed them. I hope to keep this for a while.

@combatcolours - Everything I do is irregular! You should have noticed that in our games!